How to join Switch edu-ID ...

To become a Switch edu-ID Participant, your organization is either part of the Switch Community or joins as Switch edu-ID Federation Partner. As an individual, see below for more information.

Organizations in the Switch Community

Organizations part of the Switch Community can operate an Identity Provider (IdP) to serve as Home Organization and also operate edu-ID-enabled web resources (Service Providers, SP).

However, the Switch Community is restricted to certain types of organization within or closely related to Swiss Higher Education.

Read more about edu-ID for the Switch Community

Switch edu-ID Federation Partner

If your organization is not part of the Switch Community, it can join Switch edu-ID by signing the Switch edu-ID Federation Partner Agreement.

Typically, a Federation Partner operates edu-ID-enabled web resources (Service Providers, SP) and makes them available for the users with an edu-ID-enabled account at one of the participating Home Organizations that operate an Identity Provider (IdP).

Read more about how to become a Federation Partner

Individual Users

Is my Organization edu-ID-enabled?

You have most likely an edu-ID-enabled account if your organization is listed on the list of Home Organizations.

Not a member of an edu-ID-enabled Home Organization?

You can get an edu-ID-enabled account in the Virtual Home Organization (VHO). To get an account, you typically have to ask the owner of an edu-ID-enabled resource you want to access.