Enter one of the valid e-mail addresses stored in your SWITCH edu-ID account and fill in the captcha (sum). Click on "Proceed" and an e-mail with a link that contains a token is sent to you (link is valid for 5 days). Click on the link and enter the new password.
Because of SPAM filters it may take a few minutes until you receive the e-mail.
If you do not receive the e-mail within 10 minutes, please also check your SPAM folder.
No, creating a SWITCH edu-ID account does not automatically create a SWITCHdrive account. You have to login at least once to https://drive.switch.ch so other SWITCHdrive users are able to search for your name and to share data with you.
In most cases, you may just have missed the last step in the onboarding process, which is the registration for this service. If you see the error message that the login has failed, just click the blue link in the error message to register SWITCHdrive. Then try again to login. If this still fails, get in contact with the SWITCHdrive support.
Click here for a detailed description how to register SWITCHdrive.
A SWITCHdrive voucher is a secret link that allows anyone that receives this link to create a full SWITCHdrive account with own quota. Your external partner does not need to use a web browser any more to download or upload files to your shared data, but can install the SWITCHdrive desktop client which automatically keeps all the data in the switchdrive folder perfectly in sync.
Please refer to this page to see if your institution allows SWITCHdrive vouchers and how to request them. You can also ask to delete a SWTICHrive voucher if the external partner does not need to access the data on SWITCHdrive any more.
By activating a SWITCHdrive voucher, your external partner will be added to the address book of SWITCHdrive. You can then use direct links to share files and folders with your external partner. Just enter the first name and last name of your external partner in the User & Group search box and then select the appropriate name with "eduid" in brackets.
Congratulations! With a SWITCHdrive Voucher you are allowed to become a full member of SWITCHdrive, the academic Sync & Share service for Swiss universities and institutions of higher education.
Before you click on the SWITCHdrive Voucher link make sure you have created a SWITCH edu-ID and you know your password (if you have not created an SWITCH edu-ID yet, click on this link, if you do not remember your password click on this Forgot password link).
Click this link for a detailed instruction how to create a SWITCH edu-ID. Because you have received a SWITCHdrive Voucher, you probably do not have an AAI account, so click on the link "manual registration page" and fill out the following forms to create a new SWITCH edu-ID.
Remember your email address and your password well as you need them to login to SWITCHdrive! You may also add additonal email addresses which you can use to login to switchdrive as well.
Note: the primary email address will be used in SWITCHdrive to send you activity messages and other important information if you have set some switchdrive settings accordingly. You can change these settings at any time in your personal switchdrive configuration.
Click now on the SWITCHdrive Voucher link and accept the Terms and Conditions of SWITCH if you agree to them. Then click on the blue button "Registation for SWITCHdrive".
That's it, your SWITCHdrive account is now set up and ready to go. Login to https://drive.switch.ch in a new browser window or click on the green "Go to SWITCHdrive" button on the displayed web page:
In order to delete your SWITCHdrive account, follow these steps:
1. Open the web-client of your switchdrive-account (login to https://drive.switch.ch)
2: Click on "Shared with you" and decline all shares that you have received from other users
3: Click on "Shared with others" and remove all the shares that you have given to other persons (Maybe you should inform your users beforehand that the shares will disappear so they could create a local copy of your shared data if needed)
4. Click on "All files" and bulk mark all of them. Then click on the delete icon to move them to the folder "Deleted files"
5. Log out of SWITCHdrive on all devices and do not login again. Uninstall the SWITCHdrive sync client and the SWITCHdrive mobile client from all your devices.
- your SWITCHdrive account will automatically be deleted after some time because of inactivity (usually after 6-12 months)
- if you decide to return to SWITCHdrive you can do so as long as you can still login to your switchdrive account. If you have no active affiliaton to any institution which has subscribed to SWITCHdrive you may be blocked from login again.
- you can restore any deleted files during 90 days after you have deleted them. After 90 days deleted data is permanently removed from the switchdrive servers and cannot be restored.
- if you want to empty your trashbin, open the folder "Deleted files2, mark all entries and click on the delete icon. All files will be permanently deleted immediately and your switchdrive account will be completely empty.
Please check the following:
1. Are you able to login to your SWITCHdrive account via web-client?
If not, then check your web-connection and the current status of SWITCHdrive.
2. Is your SWITCHdrive sync-client installed and running?
You should have a small switchdrive cloud icon ( ) in the menu-bar (Mac) or status-bar (Windows).
If there is no such icon, open your application folder and launch the switchdrive sync-client.
3. The switchdrive icon can have several colors indicating its current status:
- ( ) - green: everything is fine and all files are synchronised
- ( ) - blue: synchronisation is active (turning arrows)
- ( ) - blue: synchronisation is paused (2 vertical lines). Resume the synchronisation if applicable.
- ( ) - white with exclamation mark: switchdrive has encounted some minor issues which needs your attention (eg. conflict files)
- ( ) - red: switchdrive has encounted a severe problem which needs your attention
- ( ) - grey: the connection to switchdrive is briefly or permanently interrupted
Check if you are logged in to your switchdrive account and log in if this is not the case!)
4. If your switchdrive icon is grey or red over a longer period of time, then get in touch with switchdrive support: Click on https://help.switch.ch/drive/contact/ and fill out the form.
Please add a screenshot your your switchdrive settings indicating the main error and / or the list of not synced items (note that you can resize the switchdrive settings window so the error messages or the issues can be fully displayed):