Registration for the swisscovery service
- If you are already a member of a library or library network you will get information by your library on how to proceed.
- The registration for swisscovery requires a SWITCH edu-ID account.
- If you have already a SWITCH edu-ID account, then use this account for registration at swisscovery - don't create duplicates!
- If you do not yet have a SWITCH edu-ID account, then you are asked to create one during registration for swisscovery.
- During registration for swisscovery, you will have to add some more information to your SWITCH edu-ID account, e.g. your home address.
- Your personal information as well as information about your active affiliations with universities will be transferred to swisscovery and be updated regularly to guarantee smooth operation of swisscovery. You are asked to give your consent to this data transfer and updates.
- At the end of registration you will get a success notification of swisscovery in your browser window. You can access swisscovery services then from 7 dec. 2020 on with your SWITCH edu-ID account.
You don't use swisscovery any longer?
If you want to abandon acces to swisscovery, then please contact your library.
Disabling access to swisscovery will NOT affect access to other services that are accessible with your SWITCH edu-ID account.
You don't need your SWITCH edu-ID any longer?
Nevertheless you can ask for deletion at any time - if you have no active affiliation with a university - at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deletion of your SWITCH edu-ID account will affect access to all services using SWITCH edu-ID login (including swisscovery).